All types of stress problems
Hypno therapy can encourage many things that are immediately relevant to helping depressed individuals.
What follows are a dozen compelling applications of hypno therapy for treating depression.
Hypno therapy :
- helps people build and better utilize a positive focus
- facilitates the acquisition of new skills
- encourages people to define themselves as more resourceful and resilient than previously realized (enhancing their self-image as a result)
- makes the transfer of useful information from one context to another easier and more efficient (helping acquired learning generalize more easily)
- establishes helpful subjective associations more automatically and intensively
- Provides opportunities for therapeutic learning (i.e., skills and insights) to be more experiential and multidimensional
- defines people as active managers of their internal world (fostering greater emotional self-regulation)
- helps people sharpen key perceptual distinctions to counter over general thinking
- allows people a more comfortable distance from overwhelming feelings in order to face and resolve them
- encourages people to rehearse new responses and actively incorporate new possibilities in a deliberate behavioral sequence deemed likely to succeed
- helps people identify and develop underutilized personal resources and
- helps people detach from a sense of victimhood.